Here's the current website- http://pionponpon.moonfruit.com/#/home/4564317252
The showreel is visible on the first page, but I'll repost it here anyway-
- It features animation from:
- The What Project Old Man Fight(1st year)
- Experimental Brief completed with Chloe (2nd Year)
- 11 Second Club (2nd Year)
- Pre-Production Brief The Comedian (2nd Year)
- Lining, colouring and a loop animation for Inbetween a Fable (2nd Year)
- Rotoscoping for the music video Lets Blame Dahmer by Kaideka (2nd Year)
- Animation and concept art from h0le (3rd Year)
- A walk cycle of a Pwobbel, that clown-penguin creature, that my sister designed.
Compiling it was a pain because looking at the work I'd produced there were lots of issues with having not made the videos in a particularly good quality, or in the case of the What Project not having the video file at all and having to use a low quality version.
One of the biggest things was seeing the animation on h0le compared to that of the 11 second club and just cringing. Not that h0le is by any means my magnum opus, but the lining, the coluoring, the facial expressions are all so different from the 11 second one, which looks like a mess. Trying to put this together left me with a feeling of wanting to go back and redo some of the animation, make it better now with more experience under my belt, but I'm probably better off introducing fresh animation in there instead. Like the website, I see the show reel as an ongoing process for at least a few more months before I call it quits for the year and put the rest of the animation on to the next years show reel.
I'm also going to get around to changing the look of this blog, finally.
Speaking of h0le, yes. That.
The project that was submitted for marking is pretty far off of being completed with the shots we have. I've been debating whether to finish it as after all the stress of the project, completing the film after the submission deadline feels very pointless.
However, I'd rather it not be the one film this year to not get a proper showing because of that, so I'm hoping to keep working on it before the end of term for the graduate showing.
Not for another few days though, I'd really like a break!