Saturday 20 February 2010

"Rangers! Get ready to TEXTURISE!"

Most of this week has been spent flicking between doing the Maya project and trying to complete the Flash project, so I feel like I've had my face glued to the monitor screen most evenings.

Flash is very close to completion. Being an anal retentive moron, I decided to do the maximum time allowed for the movie, using three characters and animating not just the mouths but also heads, eyes and limbs including the character who doesn't talk at all. The program likes to crash unexpectedly and the first time it happened I'd not saved for two hours, so I'm more save savvy now. Here's the nearly completed version.


I'm really hoping this thing turns out alright.


With Maya, I hadn't realised that the deadline was sooner than the Flash so I'm in a bit of a panic about that at the moment. I do enjoy working on it surprisingly, it's sort of like virtual play-doh except I tend to stick to mainly using the Booleans tool for sculpting.

I've been scouring the internet for textures but because I'm making kind of a dirty image I quite like adding another layer of semi transparent dirt on top of the image. Since Nigel told me about layer properties (thanks Nigel) I've been messing with those options to get the best effects.

I can't post all of the textures because some of them are too big, but here are three of my favourites-

I'm going to bump map these (the hand on I already have).
I also have designs done for the characters in the story board, but I'll likely post that when the story board is complete.

No comments:

Post a Comment