Monday 25 January 2010

New Program Jam

The After Effects workshop went better than expected for me, as I thought my computer would crash horrendously before I had any chance to get the work done, but I found changing the file locations helped with loading the files on to the program. Although it's not very interesting, this is the banner I made for the surfing video.




Maya is still giving me problems by rewarding my noobishness with disdain. I spent hours trying to make stuff without being to access object mode, before I found out a day later that I was using NURBs instead of simple polygons, which ruined everything. Stupid NURB's, and stupid me. I did make a Doom/first Duke Nukem quality laptop though, and a Bomberman bomb which I am strangely proud of.

I have actual ideas for the background project! I'm quite surprised, but I have thought at least two of them through quite well down to which will be which in the colour category. I tend to do certain things I particularly like as practice, which isn't always the best for improving beyond my skill level if I draw the same old things again but I think I've chosen subjects I can stay enthusiastic about but which will be a challenge to draw and colour.

The pencil work I realised would be about strong contrasts in tone, so a picture with strong light and shadows. I'm hoping to do something rather like this


-which is an Inari Shrine. I'd like a closer view of the shrine though, and more foliage but I'd like to do stairs of some variety.


The coloured one (I'm thinking photoshop) is this kind of perspective, but warped towards the end. I want something slightly off-centre, kind of odd in the lighting, and I might have a lack of gravity to make it stranger.

For the specific colour pallette, despite not studying the other colour techniques we have to use I'm inclined towards a monochromatic colouring scheme using the very dark, dull blues of underwater scenery.

No comments:

Post a Comment